What’s great about cooking is that you’ve got a whole smorgasbord of opportunities and recipes to choose from. I love that cooking entails you to be creative but scientific at the same time, using logical reasoning to predict what ingredients you should use to make a delicious outcome. And if there’s one thing I love making, it will always involve chicken!
Filled with protein and a versatile ingredient you can use for any dish, I like whipping up new things that have chicken in it! And one of my new favorite dishes would be the crispy chicken fingers shake.
Want to know more about it? Then read on!
Crispy Chicken Fingers Shake Recipe
No, we are NOT going to blending chicken to make a shake! This crunchy and delicious dish can be a snack or viand for any meal. With cheesy goodness and tender chicken inside, your children will surely enjoy these chicken fingers.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
This recipe serves about four people.
400 grams of chicken breast, sliced to the shape of fingers
Half a teaspoon of salt
Half a teaspoon of pepper
A cup of crispy fry flour (you can find this in your local store- flour made for frying chicken)
Three eggs, beaten
A cup of flour
Oil for deep-frying
Three tablespoons of cheese powder
How to Proceed:
1. Mix the chicken with the salt and pepper, using your hands to make sure that all the pieces of chicken are coated with the seasonings. Let it sit for about ten minutes.
2. Ready one bowl for flour, another for the beaten eggs, and another for the breadcrumbs. Place one piece of chicken in the bowl of flour first, then proceed with the egg and then the breadcrumbs after. The chicken has to be well-coated with each ingredient before putting it in the pan for cooking!
3. Once all the chicken has enough batter, place it in a pan filled with oil to deep-fry. The pan and oil should be hot enough, preferably around 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Let it cook for about five minutes or until the chicken is slightly brown and looks crunchy.
4. Put the cooked chicken in a bowl, adding the cheese powder. Then cover the bowl with plastic wrap, shaking the bowl thoroughly until all the cheese powder has combined with the chicken fingers.
5. Take out the plastic wrap and serve the chicken fingers on a plate. Pair it with your favorite sauce or rice and enjoy!
Pro-Tips to Follow
How can you make this recipe even better? Here are some tips to follow, from how to prep the ingredients down to storing it for later consumption
Do NOT overcrowd the chicken while frying, or they may end up sticking together. As much as possible, space them out and only add enough not to fill the pan but to cook the chicken evenly.
These chicken fingers are best paired with barbecue sauce or any other condiment you prefer. Ketchup, ranch dressing, whatever your kids feel like having! Personally, I LOVE it with barbecue sauce. Pair it with rice and vegetables for a complete meal!
I urge you to serve and consume it while warm, as it WILL lose its texture when you put it in the fridge for quite some time. If you do place it in the refrigerator, it will last for about three days. Make sure to put it in an airtight container.
Craving for a barbecue version of this shake? No problem! Instead of cheese powder, you can find a variety of flavors, such as sour cream, barbecue, or even wasabi!
Chicken is a fantastic ingredient to fry, especially with the perfect batter and cheesy topping! That’s why children and adults love crispy chicken fingers shake. Generously coated with cheese and a combination of crispy and tender after every bite, I’m sure you’ll love it as well!
I hope that this will be a hit for your family as it was with mine. So don’t wait any longer and try this recipe yourself today! If you did and wanted to share your tips, do comment down below. I would love to hear what you have to think.