Mornings are super busy for us and often that means lunch is bland and uninspired. I usually end up eating some form of egg and call it a day. I really love cucumbers and it’s always fun to find new ways to use them.
Once I had the idea of spicy tuna rolls in my mind, I knew I wanted two things out of them- full of flavor and FAST.
To make the cucumber strips I used a regular vegetable peeler. Oddly enough, I had to buy one of these since we mostly eat leafy greens and broccoli. Only a couple dollars and a good investment.
An important note, the tuna really needs to be drained well. If you buy the foil packets, I believe it comes like this but I had canned tuna in water. I squeezed out as much as I could so it had that fuzzy look. I mixed hot sauce, seasoning and a little mayo in the tuna then sliced some small strips of avocado.
I placed the tuna mixture along with the length of the cucumber slices and then avocado at the very end to get the roll going. The avocado slides out if it’s not on top of the tuna because of the cucumber’s moisture. This would also be a good place to add carrots or whatever else you’d like in your roll.
For the sauce, my favorite part, I mixed mayo and hot sauce together. I used sriracha because it gives a building heat I like rather than just “boom spicy!”
Simple as that! An easy lunch or dinner that takes only five minutes. Packed with protein and deliciousness. I would highly suggest getting a mini squirt bottle so you can show off to your friends with fancy plate decorations. ?
5 Minute Spicy Tuna Rolls Recipe
- 1 cucumber
- 1 can or pouch of tuna
- 1 tbsp mayo (for tuna mixture)
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Avocado, sliced and cut to match width of cucumber strips
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 2 tsp sriracha
- Slice cucumbers lengthwise with a vegetable peeler to get thin strips
- Drain tuna if necessary and mix with mayo, sriracha, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. The mixture should be slightly moist but not excessively wet.
- Place cucumber strips on prep surface and neatly spread tuna mixture tightly along leaving about 1 inch at the end of the strip.
- Place avocado pieces at end of cucumber strip on top of tuna and tightly roll
- For Sauce: Mix mayo and sriracha and drizzle over cucumber rolls